Get Your Fishing License

You can purchase your Fishing License in 3 Different Ways

 Go directly to a Texas Parks and Wildlife office OR Go to any store with a hunting and fishing counter (WalMart, Bass Pro, Academy Sports and Outdoors, Etc.) OR visit the TPWD Website  External link opens in new tab or windowWWW.TPWD.STATE.TX.US  and select the correct license for your situation (Out of state Non-Resident day pass, Resident day pass, Etc.) ** If you do it this way online, you will not get your Red Drum Tag NEEDED to keep your 1 Per Person Per Tag limit unless you order it 2-4 weeks, at least, prior to your trip because it gets mailed to you. Each person 17 and older needs a License. A Red Drum Tag is suggested on Inshore Trips and Close Offshore Trips in State Waters. Any person under 17 can get just a Red Drum Tag and under 17 is not allowed to keep one as an exempt angler and must have that tag to keep an oversized red.


Red Drum Tags are Needed for your Galveston Jetty and Beachfront Fishing Trips
Fishing License are not needed to Kiddos Under 17 on your Galveston Fishing Charter Trips